13.5.2 Restarting play after receiving fouls

• August 22, 2022 at 10:29 pm #3271
    Omar
    Participant

I do not fully understand how to restart play after receiving fouls for offensive or defensive fouls.
    In 13.5 it says:

13.5. Any offensive player may take possession of the disc after a turnover, except:
    13.5.1. after an “interception” turnover, in which case the player who made the interception must
    maintain possession; and
    13.5.2. after an offensive receiving foul, in which case the fouled player must take possession.

Here I am confused about offensive receiving foul. If I understand correctly, is that when an offensive player fouls a defensive player and as a result the defense gains possession? Or is it the other way around?
    Also if I am correct does this mean that if an offensive player is fouled by a defensive player (in this case it is a defensive receiving foul) any player on the field can take possession of the disc not only the fouled player?

October 13, 2022 at 6:25 am #3335
    Rui Silva
    Participant

An offensive receiving foul is when a defensive player initiates non-minor contact with an offensive player. In that case, only the fouled player can take possession (17.2.2).

October 13, 2022 at 6:25 am #3363
    Rui Silva
    Participant

An offensive receiving foul is when a defensive player initiates non-minor contact with an offensive player. In that case, only the fouled player can take possession (17.2.2).

October 15, 2022 at 6:27 am #3340
    Rueben Berg
    Keymaster

After any accepted receiving foul, the fouled played must take possession of the disc, as per 17.2.2

If the offense player caused the foul, that is a turnover and therefore 13.5.2 applies.

If the defense player caused the foul, that us not a turnover, and so 13.5.2 is not relevant.

October 15, 2022 at 6:27 am #3367
    Rueben Berg
    Keymaster

After any accepted receiving foul, the fouled played must take possession of the disc, as per 17.2.2

If the offense player caused the foul, that is a turnover and therefore 13.5.2 applies.

If the defense player caused the foul, that us not a turnover, and so 13.5.2 is not relevant.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.